Composer an co-founder from ARS Nova Lux
Born 23.1.1949 in Luxembourg. Studies a.o. at the “Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique” in Paris and at the Mozarteum in Salzburg (piano, chamber music, composition). Since 1978 more than 100 compositions for various combinations, among them 1 opera “The Bridge of Death”(created at Ruhrfestival, Gelsenkirchen; 13 performances); 13 orchestra pieces, chamber-, vocal- and solo music). Numerous performances at international festivals (Salzburg Festival, Internat. Mozart Week Salzburg, Festival International d’Echternach, Festival du MIDEM classique Cannes, Moscow Winter Festival, Warsaw Autumn, Musica Strasburg, Barbican Center Series London…).His works get performed by prominent soloists and Ensembles (Boris Pergamenschikow, Marjana Lipovsek, Heinrich Schiff, Julius Beger, Irena Grafenauer, Eliot Fisk, Dora Schwarzberg, Lewis Kaplan, Hagen Quartet, Vienna String Sextet, Salzburg Camerata, Musica Viva Dresden, Vienna Chamber Orchestra, Berlin Philharmonic Soloists, Parnassus Ensemble London) and conductors (Ernest Bour, Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, Leopold Hager, David Shallon, Hubert Soudant, Antoni Wit, Emmanuel Krivine…)
Active as a pedagogue (Mozarteum Salzburg, Luxemburg Conservatory), masterclasses, broadcastings, publications. Jurymember in international competitions (b.ex.Queen Elizabeth Brussels, Vittorio Gui Florence, Pinerolo, Las Rozas, Osaka, Beijing). Numerous concerts throughout Europe, in Russia, Asia and in Canada as solo-and chamber-music pianist and as accompanist.
Founder and chairman of the Luxembourg New Music Society LGNM (1983-94). From 2000 to 2007 President of the Luxembourg National Music Council. 2002-2013 Director of the International Summer Academy of Mozarteum Salzburg. 2007-2013 also Artistic Director of Echternach Festival.
2015 Doctor Honoris Causa from University of Music “Academie Gheorghe Dima” Cluj (Romania).
ch. Assistant Professor Dr. Emelina Gorcheva - Dimova
Academic position: Ch. Assistant Professor at the Department of Vocal Faculty - Vocal Faculty
Scientific degree: doctor
• chamber singing
• music and performing arts
• Chamber singing
• Dramaturgy and interpretation - Working with a composer
• Doctor in professional field 8.3. Music and dance art
• Master in "Composition" - NMA "Prof. Pancho Vladigerov ”
• Monograph - Alexander Yosifov - chamber works for bass and soprano. Musical dramaturgical and vocal projections. Sofia: NMA "Prof. Pancho. Vladigerov", 2019
• The vocal cycle for bass and piano "Zograf" by composer Alexander Yosifov and poet Georgi Konstantinov. Musical-dramatic projections, Doctoral readings. Sofia, NMA, 2016
• The cycle for soprano and orchestra "Confessions of a Hermit" by Alexander Yosifov: musical-dramatic and vocal dimensions ", Doctoral readings. Sofia, NMA, 2017
• Interview with Prof. Pavel Gerdjikov. Sofia, "Musical Horizons", 2017
• 3rd prize in the First Competition for Composition "Boris Hristov" for an artistic song for bass - the work "Circle", 2009
• 3rd prize in composition from the International Competition "Young Virtuosos" - Sofia, for the work "Impression 5 + 4" / flute, oboe, clarinet, horn and string quartet, 2011
• 1st prize from the Third Academic Composition Competition, NMA “Prof. Pancho Vladigerov ”for“ Symphonic Scherzo-Carnival ”, 2011
• 2nd prize (in case of no award) from Nadezhdi, Talents, Masters - 17th International Youth Music Festival-Competition Dobrich-Albena Bulgaria for the work "Mo (nu) menti" for string orchestra, 2012
• 1st prize in the Fourth Academic Composition Competition, NMA “Prof. Pancho Vladigerov ”for“ Autumn (violoche) leaves ”- quartet for four cellos, 2012
• "Dancing Ice Pendants" is one of the five finalists in the Oberon Spring Concert Contest and performed live in America (Richmond, Virginia), 2013
• Extraordinary award from the Third International Chamber Music Competition - Svoge, 2014 / as a performer /
• 1st prize at the First National Awards “Prof. Pancho Vladigerov ”for students, students in the art of music, 2015
• 2nd prize for the short film-musical "Eat me" from the Sixth International Festival of Musical Film "Nikolai Gyaurov", 2016
• Best music for the short film-musical “Eat me” from the European FEEDBACK Short Film Festival, Canada, 2017.
Musical and stage works realized for the first time on the Sofia stage:
• The musical "Enough", staged for the first time in Bulgaria, 2014, Musical Theater - Sofia
• Metamorphosis in a prologue, two paintings and an epilogue "Does every woman do that" from the comic opera "The Maid-Mistress", 2015, NMA Hall / composed and added to the original opera 40 minutes of new original music - vocal and instrumental /
• The musical "The Little Prince § The Journey of the Rose",
2018, Musical Theater - Sofia, repertoire title;
• The musical "The Air Princess", staged for the first time in Bulgaria, February 23, 2019, Vazrazhdane Municipal Theater - Sofia, repertoire title
• Ballet "Song of the Planets" - world premiere, September 20, 2020, Musical Theater - Sofia, repertoire title.
Instrumental concert for:
• Marimba, string orchestra and percussion "Vast Worlds", co-authored with Miroslav Dimov, performed twice in Strasbourg as part of the program included in the Bulgarian Presidency of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, 2016.
• String Quartet "Dancing Icicles", USA - Richmond, Virginia, performed by the Oberon Quartet, 2013
• Three-miniature fantasy for cello and piano, Blagoevgrad - Hall of the American University in Bulgaria, soloists - Daniela Dikova - piano and Dimitar Tenchev - cello. 2014 / The work was commissioned by SBAC - Swiss-Bulgarian Association for Culture /.
• "Angel's Breath" - choir for marimba, Augustinekirche Wurzburg Catholic Church, Germany, performed by Evgenia Kavaldzhieva, 2016
• No one - provocative psychological drama, 2016 In 2018 it was purchased by HBO and aired in 12 countries
• "Eat me" - film musical 2016
• "The Birds of Sofia" - a documentary film, realized with the support of the Sofia Program - Culture
Mandatory two artistic songs in the National Competition for Performance of Bulgarian Music "Varban Varbanov" - specialty "Classical Singing", 2019
• Beauty for baritone and piano
• "I stared dreamily at the sky" for soprano and piano
40 solo and choral songs - all publicly performed
Member of the jury
• Academy of Art Vision - First national competition for young performers of piano works by Bulgarian and foreign authors "Klavisimo", 2020
• 25th National Competition for Performance of Bulgarian Musical Work "Varban Varbanova" - Burgas, Classical Singing Category, October 2, 2020
First solo clarinet of the Luxembourg Philharmonic Orchestra from 1980 until 2019, Olivier Dartevelle has given numerous concerts both as a soloist and chamber musician while at the same time pursuing a pedagogical activity, both at the Conservatoire National de Region of Nancy and the Conservatoire de la Ville de Luxembourg,
Olivier Dartevelle has played or recorded the most important concertos of the repertoire with conductors such as Philippe Herreweghe, Leopold Hager, Carl Davis, David Shallon and Emmanuel Krivine. His radio and TV recordings are numerous and his discography includes works by Mozart (SEL), Martinu (Timpani), Muller (Talent). Reinecke (Naxos) Pierné (Timpani). In 2010 came out a monograph of his works for oboe where he played the piano part and a trio of reeds dedicated to French music. In 2012, he recorded the Rhapsodie of Debussy with the OPL and Emmanuel Krivine and released the same year the concerto “Metamorphosis” by the Japanese composer Hosokawa for the label Neos. Two more recent CDs complete this collection including clarinet and harp sonatas by Xavier Lefevre.
Feeling to much retricted in a unique role of interpreter and eager to diversify his activities in order to preserve a necessary musical pleasure, Olivier Dartevelle uses in the mid-90s his pianist training to turn to composition; His aestetical approach is free of any school and any fashion. His music, generally very rhythmic, does not forget the expression and the style. For him, musical elegance counts more than the nature of the chosen language. In 2003, he directed a series of remarquable concerts of Stravinsky’s Soldiers Tale. He wrote and directed a score on Alphonse Daudet’s « Trois masses basses », with a great success with the Orchestre de Bretagne , orchestre Avignon Provence, orchestre de Besançon Franche Comtéhe wrote a piece on the « Fables de La Fontaine ». Let us quote also, « La création des sapins », or « La renaissance du professeur Vatel ». This allows him to mix theater, literature and music.
His works (almost 100 opus to date), also cover the field of chamber music, melody, piano music, orchestra and instrumental ensemble, flexible ensembles which allow combinations with theater or narration.
He is very involved in the creation of music for silent cinema. De Gastynes « Jeanne d’Arc », « La petite parade de Starewitch », Jean Epstein’s « La glace à trois faces » for the “pyramid” ensemble in Zurich, as well as improvisations at the piano. He is also working on a new orchestral show about Harold Lloyd. At the invitation of Patrick Davin and the Mulhouse Symphony Orchestra, he conducted in 2017 a musical creation of Foolish Wives by Eric von Stroheim.